Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t send text on my iPad to only one person?

I can send and receive text from my iPad and iPhone however there is one person on my iPad I can’t sent text to from my iPad. The iPhone works but the iPad doesn’t. The iPad has its own number, maybe that’s the problem? Settings on the iPad shows my cell phone number. Just baffled as why it works for everyone else but this one.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 12:28 PM

The usual reason for those symptoms is that the one user is a non-Apple user using the SMS/MMS messaging system, and your iPhone is not set to forward SMS/MMS messages to your iPad through the iMessage system.

On the iPhone, check Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding to verify that your iPad is listed and the slider shows green. If the iPad is listed but the slider doesn't show green, slide it to green (enabled). If the iPad is not shown at all, verify that the two devices are using the same Apple ID in the iMessage system.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2021 12:28 PM in response to JW-1

The usual reason for those symptoms is that the one user is a non-Apple user using the SMS/MMS messaging system, and your iPhone is not set to forward SMS/MMS messages to your iPad through the iMessage system.

On the iPhone, check Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding to verify that your iPad is listed and the slider shows green. If the iPad is listed but the slider doesn't show green, slide it to green (enabled). If the iPad is not shown at all, verify that the two devices are using the same Apple ID in the iMessage system.

Can’t send text on my iPad to only one person?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.