Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max will not unlock by swiping up

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 8:15 AM

Hey dwdowling,

It appears that you're having a problem unlocking your iPhone 12 Pro Max. It won't unlock when you swipe up on the screen, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Wake and unlock iPhone - Apple Support -- When you swipe up on the screen, make sure that your fingers are as far down as possible on the screen before swiping up.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support -- If it still isn't responding to swiping up, restart your iPhone and test the issue.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support -- If your iPhone 12 Pro Max still isn't responding to the swipe, try force restarting.

Let us know how that goes.

All the best.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2021 8:15 AM in response to dwdowling

Hey dwdowling,

It appears that you're having a problem unlocking your iPhone 12 Pro Max. It won't unlock when you swipe up on the screen, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Wake and unlock iPhone - Apple Support -- When you swipe up on the screen, make sure that your fingers are as far down as possible on the screen before swiping up.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support -- If it still isn't responding to swiping up, restart your iPhone and test the issue.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support -- If your iPhone 12 Pro Max still isn't responding to the swipe, try force restarting.

Let us know how that goes.

All the best.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.