Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Embedded calendar events

How can I remove embedded Apple iPhone events from my calendar?

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 10:23 AM

5 replies

Aug 17, 2021 1:11 PM in response to ascrept

Embedded means something put in by Apple, like this Thursday is “Ashura”. On September 7th, there’s Rosh Hashanah, on the 16th is Yom Kippur, on July 20th, there was Eid-al-Adhi. There’s tons more, every month. It unnecessarily clutters the calendar. That’s what I want to DELETE forever. So, I’m asking the community if there’s an effective way of removing it, because I don’t see a way.

Aug 17, 2021 1:22 PM in response to ascrept

The only system-default calendars you mind find on your iPhone are Holidays, Birthdays and Siri Suggestions.

If you don’t want to see any of it, open the Calendar app, then tap ‘Calendars’ button, and on Calendars list screen look for and toggle off those you wish not to see it. Holidays calendar, if available to you in your region, will have ‘i’ button next to it name where when you tap on it, you will get an option to toggle off Event Alerts for that calendar.

If you did the above, and you still see some events that shouldn’t be there, you have other calendar account the events are stored on. You can check what Calendar accounts are added by reviewing accounts under Settings > Calendar > Accounts, where you’ll get option to simply turn off the Calendar option on the account or delete the account altogether.

Embedded calendar events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.