Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what happens to the music in apple itunes when I have to use microsoft update

I have itunes on pc, from itunes. I got notice to update to latest version, but it takes me to microsoft. It says to download microsoft version of itunes. What happens to all the music that is in my old "Itunes" act? Will I lose it?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 7:10 PM

Problem solved. I just waited till I got a notice to update itunes This time I clicked on it and it downloaded directly from apple! easiest solution ever...without going thru microsoft! I didn't click on the notice received the first time, so went directly to itunes site and clicked on update. Thats what directed me to microsoft.

I have also read that you need to download all your music over to itunes/microsoft after you install thru microsoft. what a pain!

Thank you for your responses.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2021 7:10 PM in response to tgapple115

Problem solved. I just waited till I got a notice to update itunes This time I clicked on it and it downloaded directly from apple! easiest solution ever...without going thru microsoft! I didn't click on the notice received the first time, so went directly to itunes site and clicked on update. Thats what directed me to microsoft.

I have also read that you need to download all your music over to itunes/microsoft after you install thru microsoft. what a pain!

Thank you for your responses.

what happens to the music in apple itunes when I have to use microsoft update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.