Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to update software on 11 Pro Max

Unable to Check for Update

An error occured while checking for a software update

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 10:14 PM

zaheer110 Said:

"I am unable to update software on 11 Pro Max: Unable to Check for Update An error occured while checking for a software update"

-------

Use Computer ans Ethernet:

Start with attempting an update through use of a computer. But this time, user Ethernet.  Go Here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2021 10:14 PM in response to zaheer110

zaheer110 Said:

"I am unable to update software on 11 Pro Max: Unable to Check for Update An error occured while checking for a software update"

-------

Use Computer ans Ethernet:

Start with attempting an update through use of a computer. But this time, user Ethernet.  Go Here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

I am unable to update software on 11 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.