Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scores of problems with HomePod mini

Scores of problems with HomePod:

1) no alarm volume control, when I asked Siri to lower the alarm volume, it responded loudly, “this is as quite as it gets”

2) required to have an Apple Music subscription to use music instead of boring tones, this goes against so many things including the inability to use music in your Apple music purchased from Apple pre existence of an Apple Music subscription.

3) do you have to reestablish the connection to the speaker every single time in every app in every aspect of your iPhone.. The inconvenience is real. Once you establish the connection it might last as long as you continue playing for a very long time. But the moment you push pause and let it time out then you have to reestablish the connection over again even if you’re just pushing play on the thing you paused 20 minutes ago.

4) forced connection via wifi. In the event of an emergency one of the first utilities that goes out is Wi-Fi, which renders the HomePod useless, where ic can play a very important role. I sometimes like the connection via wifi, but to totally exclude the option to use Bluetooth just feeds into apples usual infamous history, which is why many other smart speakers sell fast.

5) no real integration with any other of your Apple devices. For example there is no connection between your clock app on your iPhone/ipad, and the HomePod mini (which would be an obvious great integration). There is no connection with the integrations app on you phone/iPad, or Mac to the integrations included in the home menu of the HomePod mini, another obvious connection. Many of your Apple devices have the ability to be controlled to one extent or another remotely. There is some obvious missteps on the part of Apple that could’ve better seamlessly integrated HomePod in the HomePod mini into their device atmosphere, but as usual Apple has its heads in the clouds and has not payed much attention to correctly completing the job.

I really want to like the HomePod mini, and plan to keep it in hopes that Apple will for once listen to concerns of its customers and make the proper software changes needed. But at the moment there is no way I encourage anyone to spend any money on this device

HomePod mini

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 1:30 AM

Apple does not read the forums. You can submit Feedback - HomePod - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply

Scores of problems with HomePod mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.