Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the name in Health App?

The health app has incorrect name. How do I change it? Under data the name is not editable—actually not even listed to be edited.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 12:16 PM

Thank you for your reply. I had previously tried that. The information is correct with my name, bday, etc; however, the initials (I assume in place of a pic) are my husband's and any messages I receive have his name associated with the activity.--Like, congratulations, G....., you met your goal of ....

I think the issue is that at one time we shared an apple id; prior to purchasing apple watches. All worked great as we were able to share pictures, notes, documents and both phones and iPads went to same iCloud storage and both could access at any time. Because of the health apps on the watches, he had to get another apple id to make the apps work properly on the separate watches. I believe my husband had set up the health app on our 'shared' apple id; and his info is 'buried' somewhere (besides the profile)in the health app. Changing the name in the profile doesn't seem to affect the messages I continue to get--which has his name. Not an insurmountable issue, but annoying. Thanks for any other info you might provide. Good news, the health app is only reporting my data.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2021 12:16 PM in response to Sparks0829

Thank you for your reply. I had previously tried that. The information is correct with my name, bday, etc; however, the initials (I assume in place of a pic) are my husband's and any messages I receive have his name associated with the activity.--Like, congratulations, G....., you met your goal of ....

I think the issue is that at one time we shared an apple id; prior to purchasing apple watches. All worked great as we were able to share pictures, notes, documents and both phones and iPads went to same iCloud storage and both could access at any time. Because of the health apps on the watches, he had to get another apple id to make the apps work properly on the separate watches. I believe my husband had set up the health app on our 'shared' apple id; and his info is 'buried' somewhere (besides the profile)in the health app. Changing the name in the profile doesn't seem to affect the messages I continue to get--which has his name. Not an insurmountable issue, but annoying. Thanks for any other info you might provide. Good news, the health app is only reporting my data.

Aug 19, 2021 7:13 AM in response to Scarlett110

Hi there Scarlett110,

Thanks for joining us in Apple Support Communities! We understand you're asking how to change your name in the Health app on your iPhone. We're glad you're here, and we can provide some guidance.

To edit your Health Profile, open the Health app, tap the Summary tab, tap your profile picture in the upper-right corner, tap Health Details, then tap Edit. Have a look at the 'Set up your Health Profile' section of this support article to learn more:

Use the Health app on your iPhone or iPod touch

This link also provides information about editing your Health Profile:

Maintain a health profile in Health on iPhone

We hope this information is helpful. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

How do I change the name in Health App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.