Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad screen

A month ago, I bought an iPad Pro 11 inch and now a thin red line appears at the top of the screen without dropping the iPad from me or being exposed to water and I live in an area where there are no Apple centers, what can I do? I hope to find a solution here

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 8:24 AM

A reliable method to confirm a screen or other hardware fault is to take a screenshot when the fault is evident - and then review the captured screenshot image...

When reviewed, if the line is not present in the screenshot image, then you have demonstrated that you have a hardware fault that, sooner or later, may become sufficiently severe that repair or replacement of the iPad are the only options. If the line is visible in the screenshot, the something other than hardware will be the cause.

Note: When reviewing the image, rotating the iPad screen orientation by 90°, from Portrait to Landscape, will ensure that the image does not coincide with screen defects if present.

Take a screenshot on your iPad – Apple Support

If you have a hardware fault, your one month old iPad is within warranty - and should be repaired or exchanged by your retailer or Apple. If your iPad requires repair:

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2021 8:24 AM in response to hend264

A reliable method to confirm a screen or other hardware fault is to take a screenshot when the fault is evident - and then review the captured screenshot image...

When reviewed, if the line is not present in the screenshot image, then you have demonstrated that you have a hardware fault that, sooner or later, may become sufficiently severe that repair or replacement of the iPad are the only options. If the line is visible in the screenshot, the something other than hardware will be the cause.

Note: When reviewing the image, rotating the iPad screen orientation by 90°, from Portrait to Landscape, will ensure that the image does not coincide with screen defects if present.

Take a screenshot on your iPad – Apple Support

If you have a hardware fault, your one month old iPad is within warranty - and should be repaired or exchanged by your retailer or Apple. If your iPad requires repair:

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

iPad screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.