Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

automator actions - can not find them to delete them, I think I have a duplicate.

Automator actions - can not find them to delete them, I think I have a duplicate.

It wasn't recent and my recent items folders are all empty, that's how I have them set in general settings.

I have no findable "library" folder in my user folder and no "services' folder findable anywhere,

I'm going to call support. I shouldn't have to be mucking around in Automator anyway. Why doesn't Apple have the OPTION to save screenshots to photos for god's sake? It automatically saves screenshots to photos on IOS on the iPhone and the iPad. It is the single most annoying thing for me about the MAC OS as a college student on ZOOM lectures all day.

Why isn't the OPTION there on the MAC OS, when it's the default on the iPad and iPhone? Or why isn't it the default?

I hate having to use Automator which then causes its own ridiculous problems. And I STILL have to go empty out all these photos from the desktop. It's so inelegant, tedious, and a GLARING oversight. And it actually inhibits my LEARNING. Which is remote, and on ZOOM. Still. August 2021.

End of rant, but I am getting fed up with this. The pandemic isn't going anywhere soon, it would be nice if remote learners were listened to about IOS features that we need.

Thank you!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 11:32 AM

I can't speak to your issue about where screenshots go - personally I take a fair number of screenshots and have no interest in them clogging my Photos library, but I can see there may be a use case for that.

Specifically, though:

> I have no findable "library" folder in my user folder and no "services' folder findable anywhere,

The Library folder is hidden by default, because most users have no need to poke around in there, and bad things can happen if people do the wrong thing.

All is not lost, though. Hold the Option key while clicking the Finder's Go menu. 'Library' will appear as an option.

Alternatively you can choose Finder -> Go -> Go to Folder... and enter ~/Library to open it directly.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2021 11:32 AM in response to Katebo27

I can't speak to your issue about where screenshots go - personally I take a fair number of screenshots and have no interest in them clogging my Photos library, but I can see there may be a use case for that.

Specifically, though:

> I have no findable "library" folder in my user folder and no "services' folder findable anywhere,

The Library folder is hidden by default, because most users have no need to poke around in there, and bad things can happen if people do the wrong thing.

All is not lost, though. Hold the Option key while clicking the Finder's Go menu. 'Library' will appear as an option.

Alternatively you can choose Finder -> Go -> Go to Folder... and enter ~/Library to open it directly.

automator actions - can not find them to delete them, I think I have a duplicate.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.