Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not update my MacBook air 13 inch 2017 to Big Sur 11.5.2

I can not update my MacBook air 13 inch 2017 ( Current version macOS BigSur Version 11.4) to Big Sur 11.5.2, it gives an error( Download Failed- An error occurred while downloading the selected updates. Please check your internet connection and try again) I have tried doing it in safe mode but still cannot update. the memory in the system is adequate too.

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 3:42 PM

s_1234 Said:

"I can not update my MacBook air 13 inch 2017 to Big Sur 11.5.2: [...]The internet connection is excellent and stable but still cannot update to BigSur 11.5.2"

-------

What to Do:

Can you visit other sites (i.e. google.com) just fine? If so, then that means there is an error connecting to Apple's servers. So...

Create a Temporary Admin:

See what happens when you use a new administrator to install this. If it works, then there is an error in your current user.

Try this in Safe Mode:

If you can't click something, then try it in Safe Mode [Hold Down: the shift key upon boot]. In Safe ModeLogin Items do not open at login; certain preferences are set aside; and damaged system files (i.e. caches) are fixed. Go Here: Start Up your Mac in Safe Mode - Apple Support

Use Ethernet:

On the computer, you connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2021 3:42 PM in response to s_1234

s_1234 Said:

"I can not update my MacBook air 13 inch 2017 to Big Sur 11.5.2: [...]The internet connection is excellent and stable but still cannot update to BigSur 11.5.2"

-------

What to Do:

Can you visit other sites (i.e. google.com) just fine? If so, then that means there is an error connecting to Apple's servers. So...

Create a Temporary Admin:

See what happens when you use a new administrator to install this. If it works, then there is an error in your current user.

Try this in Safe Mode:

If you can't click something, then try it in Safe Mode [Hold Down: the shift key upon boot]. In Safe ModeLogin Items do not open at login; certain preferences are set aside; and damaged system files (i.e. caches) are fixed. Go Here: Start Up your Mac in Safe Mode - Apple Support

Use Ethernet:

On the computer, you connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

I can not update my MacBook air 13 inch 2017 to Big Sur 11.5.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.