Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to compare the contents of two different Downloads files

I use Dropbox for many of my files. Inexplicably, a new file opened on Dropbox that wasn't my doing, at least not intentionally. It is called "My Mac" and has one subfolder called "Downloads." There are a bunch of files there. Of course I have my normal Downloads in Finder and that's the one that I use. I just noticed this other one today. Are they the same? Why do I have two? Do I need two? If I don't, how do I clean this up?

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 10:49 AM

Hello Fog Freem,

We see you have some questions on your Downloads folder, and we'd like to see if we can help.

To start, we're recommend cross-referencing the contents of each Downloads folder you're seeing. For example, in the Dropbox downloads folder, is this exclusively files you're downloading from Dropbox? And with the general Downloads folder in Finder, is this containing your Dropbox downloads in addition to your normal files downloaded from elsewhere?

We were able to locate the following page from the developer that may help: How to download a file or folder from Dropbox

In here it does note, "Unless your computer’s default settings have been changed, your file or folder will download to your computer’s Downloads folder."

If their page doesn't help, you may also try reaching out to them for further clarification. This page can help with that part: How to contact an app developer

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2021 10:49 AM in response to Fog Freem

Hello Fog Freem,

We see you have some questions on your Downloads folder, and we'd like to see if we can help.

To start, we're recommend cross-referencing the contents of each Downloads folder you're seeing. For example, in the Dropbox downloads folder, is this exclusively files you're downloading from Dropbox? And with the general Downloads folder in Finder, is this containing your Dropbox downloads in addition to your normal files downloaded from elsewhere?

We were able to locate the following page from the developer that may help: How to download a file or folder from Dropbox

In here it does note, "Unless your computer’s default settings have been changed, your file or folder will download to your computer’s Downloads folder."

If their page doesn't help, you may also try reaching out to them for further clarification. This page can help with that part: How to contact an app developer

Take care.

How to compare the contents of two different Downloads files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.