Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock sim to use a different carrier

Can you please unlock sim so I can use with different carrier

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 8:20 PM

Apple does not unlock iPhones. Your carrier does. Also, you do not unlock the SIM card to accomplish what you want. You unlock the iPhone itself and your carrier can do that. Contact your carrier and ask about the requirements to get your iPhone unlocked.

Axel F.

3 replies

Sep 29, 2021 7:55 AM in response to Traviesa13

I'm not sure how much truth there is to these answers. I have an iPhone 12 under Sprint. I've been trying for over a month to unlock the SIMS so I can switch to Xfinity mobile. However, Sprint tells me the phone/sims are not locked. They've escalated the issue to their tech team and to date no one can seem to unlock my SIMS. I even chatted with an Apple agent who told me my phone is able to switch with any carrier I want; therefore the phone is not considered locked. They've since set up an appointment for me to take my phone to the Apple store for further assistance with my issue so the idea that one's carrier is the one to unlock your phone doesn't necessarily work. By the way, I've spoken with both T-Mobile & Sprint and neither has been able to unlock my SIMS instead, kicking it back to Apple. SMH!

Unlock sim to use a different carrier

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.