Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t want to update to Mac OS Big Sur, just want to update my software , how to avoid update to Mac OS Big Sur since I don’t have enough space

Since no enough storage on my Mac how to just update from my os

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 8:17 PM

If you are using macOS Catalina, click System Preferences > Software Update. Any updates that are available for macOS Catalina should be presented to your there.

Software Update only installs updates to the operating system currently running on your Mac. It does not upgrade the macOS to the next major version, Catalina to Big Sur, for example.

If no updates are presented, then presumably none currently exist for your macOS.

The most current version of macOS Catalina is 10.15.7.

You can view the version running on your Mac by clicking the  (Apple) menu at the top left of your screen and choose About This Mac

EDIT -

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201541

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2021 8:17 PM in response to goodbubble

If you are using macOS Catalina, click System Preferences > Software Update. Any updates that are available for macOS Catalina should be presented to your there.

Software Update only installs updates to the operating system currently running on your Mac. It does not upgrade the macOS to the next major version, Catalina to Big Sur, for example.

If no updates are presented, then presumably none currently exist for your macOS.

The most current version of macOS Catalina is 10.15.7.

You can view the version running on your Mac by clicking the  (Apple) menu at the top left of your screen and choose About This Mac

EDIT -

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201541

I don’t want to update to Mac OS Big Sur, just want to update my software , how to avoid update to Mac OS Big Sur since I don’t have enough space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.