Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird system launch daemon in 'Other' state?

What is com.apple.iomfb_fdr_loader (Result: 78) and why does it keep appearing as this:

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 4:50 AM

That’s normal. I changed the wording from “Error” to “Other” years ago because people got freaked out by the word “Error”. Regular people have no concept of just how sloppy most developers are.

I’m particularly careful about flagging any Apple software. It isn’t because Apple does no wrong. Apple screws up all the time. Considering their resources and number of employees, they Apple screws up more often than you would expect. But with Apple, there is usually no way to fix the problem. Usually the best fix for EtreCheck problems is removing the 3rd party software causing the problem.

In this particular case, this error is normal. The executable for this file is Apple Silicon only and won’t run on your Intel Mac. I am assuming you have an Intel Mac. You didn’t post your EtreCheck report, just a cropped screenshot from the UI. Just so you know, posting screenshots from the UI is a very bad idea. The UI doesn’t have any filters to hide personal information.

Similar questions

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2021 4:50 AM in response to Chargw_

That’s normal. I changed the wording from “Error” to “Other” years ago because people got freaked out by the word “Error”. Regular people have no concept of just how sloppy most developers are.

I’m particularly careful about flagging any Apple software. It isn’t because Apple does no wrong. Apple screws up all the time. Considering their resources and number of employees, they Apple screws up more often than you would expect. But with Apple, there is usually no way to fix the problem. Usually the best fix for EtreCheck problems is removing the 3rd party software causing the problem.

In this particular case, this error is normal. The executable for this file is Apple Silicon only and won’t run on your Intel Mac. I am assuming you have an Intel Mac. You didn’t post your EtreCheck report, just a cropped screenshot from the UI. Just so you know, posting screenshots from the UI is a very bad idea. The UI doesn’t have any filters to hide personal information.

Aug 19, 2021 5:03 AM in response to Chargw_

Real fast look at the Report and thank you for supplying.

[Not Loaded] S8EX82NJP6.com.macpaw.CleanMyMac-mas.HealthMonitor (App Store - installed 2021-08-17) Netorious for corrupting the OS and interfering with the Normal operation of the OS. Yes, available from Apple Apps Store but get rid of it as per Developers Specific Instructions. On the ASC Forums - this specific application is very will documented as an Invitation for Disaster

NordVPNLauncher -  Commercial VPNs should only be used if Mandated by Corporate Head Office for working remotely. Otherwise - ones Privacy and Security touted by the VPN is suspect.

Time Machine Not Configured! Not a good idea to not have Rescue Plan. A Time Machine Backup  is very useful and can be used to Revert to Previous Working macOS

Aug 19, 2021 2:41 AM in response to PRP_53

It's been happening for well over a month and has persisted across a total drive wipe and fresh OS install - the only main usage difference has been a big increase in the Music app, I airplay it to a wireless speaker. Aside from that nothing comes to mind.

As mentioned before I did a full wipe and started again only using a few icloud services, so wasn't resuming from a backup.

I might try isolating where/what it is via launchctl but am at a loss beyond that

Aug 19, 2021 2:55 AM in response to Chargw_

Have read elsewhere and maybe or maybe not have a piece of Adware or Malware on the drive.

For peace of computer and mind.

Suggest downloading from a Trusted Developer and Respected ASC Contributor the application Malwarebytes for Mac. It is free or paid for added features. Run the Application and it should remove the malware / adware.

Once done, restart computer and test.

There are no known Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS. There are Malware and Adware that does affect macOS and are often times downloaded as part of an Application from Third Party UnTrusted Site and get installed along with the Application.

Aug 19, 2021 4:05 AM in response to Chargw_

Re-Reading original posting of yours and overlooked an important aspect - my bad.

The Open file is designated as " Developer ". Is there some piece of Developer Software installed and running ? Grasping as ideas short of downloading another piece of Software to analysis the Hardware and Software on the computer.

For that specific function >> Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a Trusted Developer and well Respected ASC Contributor.

The application is free or paid from added features. Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ). It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software. The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Aug 19, 2021 4:43 AM in response to PRP_53

P. Phillips wrote:

The Open file is designated as " Developer ". Is there some piece of Developer Software installed and running ? Grasping as ideas short of downloading another piece of Software to analysis the Hardware and Software on the computer.

For that specific function >> Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a Trusted Developer and well Respected ASC Contributor.

The screenshot from the OP’s first post is from EtreCheck. The “Developer” is simply the developer of the software - the people to complain to if something isn’t working.

Weird system launch daemon in 'Other' state?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.