Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 iOS 14.7.1 is over heated

Why the Apple updates are so annoying? Especially the later version of iOS 14. My iPhone 12 is so hot even though I’ve just opened 3-4 apps. I have to close apps for temperature reduce before opening the app I want to work on.

The 1st IOS 14 is so fantastic. I did not care about how many apps opened.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 12:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 11:50 AM

Hi TuanAnhTruong,

It's not unexpected for the maximum battery capacity to deplete over time and with use. Your iPhone is designed to deliver full performance with a battery that's at least 80% of its original capacity. If yours is showing 90%, it's still in very good health. You can learn more about battery health and maximum capacity, here: iPhone Battery and Performance

That being said, if you've taken the information provided on temperature into account, and your iPhone still seems warmer than you'd expect, and you're seeing the display dim, the best next step would be to contact Apple Support.

Take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2021 11:50 AM in response to TuanAnhTruong

Hi TuanAnhTruong,

It's not unexpected for the maximum battery capacity to deplete over time and with use. Your iPhone is designed to deliver full performance with a battery that's at least 80% of its original capacity. If yours is showing 90%, it's still in very good health. You can learn more about battery health and maximum capacity, here: iPhone Battery and Performance

That being said, if you've taken the information provided on temperature into account, and your iPhone still seems warmer than you'd expect, and you're seeing the display dim, the best next step would be to contact Apple Support.

Take care!

Aug 19, 2021 6:57 PM in response to TuanAnhTruong

Hi there TuanAnhTruong,

We understand you have some concerns over your devices temperature. The following page offers some important information on the subject that we recommend reviewing: Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

As mentioned on that page, if your iPhone get's too warm, you may see an alert display saying it needs time to cool, or the device or it's display might power off until it cools down. If you're seeing these behaviors while using your iPhone normally, we recommend that you contact Apple Support.

That said, it is normal for iPhone to generate some warmth. How much may depend on how the device is being used, for example if it's charging or being used for resource intensive apps or tasks. If you're not seeing your iPhone display a message, or turn off until it cools, you can continue using it confidently.

Cheers!

Aug 19, 2021 9:14 PM in response to Eric--F

Thanks Eric~F for your message,

I’ve read this link: https://support.apple.com/HT201678

and I rely that my iPhone is too warm and the display deems (almost in charging and in normal use as well).

Will high temperature reduce battery life of the iPhone? Kindly note that, in the battery health, the maximum capacity reduce dramatically. I’ve bought this iPhone from Mar 2021, after 6 months maximum capacity reduced from 100%-96%. In just 2 months (from middle of Jun - now) it falls from 96% to 90%. Is it normal?

Thank you for your attention,

Best,

Tuan

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Iphone 12 iOS 14.7.1 is over heated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.