Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone was stolen, and my iCloud account has been locked out, how do I locate it?

My phone was stolen, and my iCloud account has been locked out, how do I locate it?

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 7:44 AM

2 replies

Aug 19, 2021 8:00 AM in response to Dami61

This case is as bad as it gets.

Yours seemingly has: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

If you have lost control of your Apple ID and password to the thief, your iPhone can be unlocked and fully useable by others.

Your last option here for reducing the resale value of that iPhone is contacting your carrier and asking hem to lock out the IMEI.

But your iPhone? If the thief has the Apple ID and password (and has locked out your Apple ID), then your iPhone is likely disassociated from your Apple ID, and that means no Find My tracking.

If you have any other devices associated with that seemingly-compromised Apple ID, you will either need to regain access to the Apple ID, or to use available purchasing receipts with the serial number or IMEI to get Activation Lock released from those by Apple. And until that gets cleared up, the person holding the Apple ID can erase those devices on command.

Related links for attempting Apple ID recovery:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.