Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you get Photos on the Mac to sort pictures by date taken. For the most part is does but some pics are totally out of order.

How do you get Photos on the Mac to sort pictures by date taken? For the most part is does but some pics are out of order and I can't find a way to make them get in order.

iMac Pro

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 11:31 AM

Thank you for making me look harder at every aspect of the time stamp. I have multiple copies of photos taken with the multiple cameras with the correct time but and some are in the correct sequence and some are not. I finally noticed that some have an eastern time zone stamp and some a central time zone. All of the photos were taken in an eastern time zone location, but some I exported from Photos from a computer in the central time zone and I now have them ALL in one Photos library and they are not in the same sequence/order. Now that I am aware to check the time zone, I can correct the time for the appropriate time zone and they are falling back into sequence. Again, thank you...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2021 11:31 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Thank you for making me look harder at every aspect of the time stamp. I have multiple copies of photos taken with the multiple cameras with the correct time but and some are in the correct sequence and some are not. I finally noticed that some have an eastern time zone stamp and some a central time zone. All of the photos were taken in an eastern time zone location, but some I exported from Photos from a computer in the central time zone and I now have them ALL in one Photos library and they are not in the same sequence/order. Now that I am aware to check the time zone, I can correct the time for the appropriate time zone and they are falling back into sequence. Again, thank you...

How do you get Photos on the Mac to sort pictures by date taken. For the most part is does but some pics are totally out of order.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.