Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I merge or retrieve photos from another iCloud account in my family?

My wife and I both have iCloud accounts for our photos from our phones. Is there a way for me to merge our photos or someone retrieve the photos from my wife’s iCloud account?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 2:37 PM

You can't merge iCloud accounts.

What you can do is set up a separate user account on your mac which you sign into your wife's iCloud account. You can then sync a photos library on that account with her iCloud account

If you really want a merged library, then you could set up a library on an external drive that both accounts use as the system lirbrary. Though that would also merge your online iCloud accounts (both accounts would contain all the photos)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2021 2:37 PM in response to John C Lin

You can't merge iCloud accounts.

What you can do is set up a separate user account on your mac which you sign into your wife's iCloud account. You can then sync a photos library on that account with her iCloud account

If you really want a merged library, then you could set up a library on an external drive that both accounts use as the system lirbrary. Though that would also merge your online iCloud accounts (both accounts would contain all the photos)

How do I merge or retrieve photos from another iCloud account in my family?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.