Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my Gmail account as Apple ID?

I would like to change my Apple ID from my work email to a personal Gmail address, but the system is saying "Email not available". Is Apple not allowing customers to use Gmail account?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 6:18 PM

Gmail addresses can be used (I use one) for your Apple ID. The following from Change your Apple ID - Apple Support may help:

If you see a message that the email address you want to use isn't available or is already in use, check that you or a family member aren't already using that email address with a different Apple ID. If a family member is using that email address, remove it from their account then try to use it. 

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2021 6:18 PM in response to Sho279

Gmail addresses can be used (I use one) for your Apple ID. The following from Change your Apple ID - Apple Support may help:

If you see a message that the email address you want to use isn't available or is already in use, check that you or a family member aren't already using that email address with a different Apple ID. If a family member is using that email address, remove it from their account then try to use it. 

Can I use my Gmail account as Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.