Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime calls come through when Do Not Disturb is active

I have Do Not Disturb activated on my son's 8th gen iPad from 9pm to 7am but FaceTime calls still ring through. I have tried:

Confirmed at latest iOS 14.7.1

Rebooted the iPad

Checked that the contacts are not set for Emergency Override

Thank you.

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 2:32 PM

Hello Macinac,

We understand that FaceTime calls are being received when Do No Disturb is enabled, and we'd like to look into this with you.

Just to confirm, do all FaceTime calls come in when Do Not Disturb is on, or does this happen only with calls from certain contacts?

If you go to "Settings > Do Not Disturb," is "Allow Calls" currently set to "No One"? More about that under the "Allow calls when Do Not Disturb is on" part of this page: Set Do Not Disturb on iPad

Thanks!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2021 2:32 PM in response to Macinac

Hello Macinac,

We understand that FaceTime calls are being received when Do No Disturb is enabled, and we'd like to look into this with you.

Just to confirm, do all FaceTime calls come in when Do Not Disturb is on, or does this happen only with calls from certain contacts?

If you go to "Settings > Do Not Disturb," is "Allow Calls" currently set to "No One"? More about that under the "Allow calls when Do Not Disturb is on" part of this page: Set Do Not Disturb on iPad

Thanks!

FaceTime calls come through when Do Not Disturb is active

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.