Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has my iPhone been hacked?

I’ve just had full screen pop ups saying they’re from Apple security saying I’ve been hacked and need to complete some actions after a timer to redirect runs down in a little over a minute. Is this a common thing? What should/Mt I do? I did 2 restarts an each time it popped up. I’ve deleted my Applepay card but what else is important to do? Help please.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 10:12 AM

Hi Hackedoffandhangry,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with an alert on your iPhone. We're happy to help.

Without unauthorized modifications it's unlikely the security of your device would be compromised. If needed, you can view more information here: Unauthorized modification of iOS can cause security vulnerabilities, instability, shortened battery life, and other issues

However, we recommend starting with the article here: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

If the issue started after browsing, we'd recommend clearing your website history: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If it started after downloading a third-party app, test using your iPhone as you normally would with the app removed: Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We also recommend checking for any spam calendars added to your iPhone: Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone

Also, do not enter any of your Apple ID information via the pop-up. Change your Apple ID password and ensure you have control over your account with the steps here: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Best!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2021 10:12 AM in response to Hackedoffandhangry

Hi Hackedoffandhangry,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with an alert on your iPhone. We're happy to help.

Without unauthorized modifications it's unlikely the security of your device would be compromised. If needed, you can view more information here: Unauthorized modification of iOS can cause security vulnerabilities, instability, shortened battery life, and other issues

However, we recommend starting with the article here: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

If the issue started after browsing, we'd recommend clearing your website history: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If it started after downloading a third-party app, test using your iPhone as you normally would with the app removed: Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We also recommend checking for any spam calendars added to your iPhone: Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone

Also, do not enter any of your Apple ID information via the pop-up. Change your Apple ID password and ensure you have control over your account with the steps here: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Best!

Has my iPhone been hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.