Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB adaptor does't work with flash drives.

I just purchased a new MacBook pro. I told the salesperson that I wanted to be able to use my flash drives that I already have stuff saved on. No problem...he says. Apple has an adaptor that I can purchase so I can still use my flash drives. So I purchased the MacBook pro along with the adapter as an add-on sale. A few days later, I connect the adapter so I can find some information that's on a flash drive. I plug it in to my computer, but when I tried to connect the flash drive, it won't push into the other end. I tried it with 3 or 4 different flash drives and none of them would connect. I didn't want to push too hard for fear of damaging the adapter or the flash drive. So now, what do I do? The only reason I purchased the laptop is because I was told that the adapter would allow me to use my flash drives. Did the salesperson just give my the wrong type of adapter or is there only one size fit all?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 7:17 AM

Bvwilliams wrote:

I just purchased a new MacBook pro. I told the salesperson that I wanted to be able to use my flash drives that I already have stuff saved on. No problem...he says. Apple has an adaptor that I can purchase so I can still use my flash drives. So I purchased the MacBook pro along with the adapter as an add-on sale. A few days later, I connect the adapter so I can find some information that's on a flash drive. I plug it in to my computer, but when I tried to connect the flash drive, it won't push into the other end. I tried it with 3 or 4 different flash drives and none of them would connect. I didn't want to push too hard for fear of damaging the adapter or the flash drive. So now, what do I do? The only reason I purchased the laptop is because I was told that the adapter would allow me to use my flash drives. Did the salesperson just give my the wrong type of adapter or is there only one size fit all?

The connection is a tight fit, push a little harder.

USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2021 7:17 AM in response to Bvwilliams

Bvwilliams wrote:

The connection is a tight fit, push a little harder.

USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

USB adaptor does't work with flash drives.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.