Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased a new iPhone 12 and it will not connect to wifi. The blue tick mark is there for the network I’m using but it’s not connected

I purchased a new iPhone 12 but it will not connect to wifi

the blue tick mark is there for the network I’m using but no wifi

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 4:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 6:07 AM

Hello there launfromtwillingate,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand.

We understand you’re having some issues connecting to Wi-Fi Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

To get started, have you ever been able to connect to Wi-Fi before, or is this the very first time connecting with this iPhone? Also, did you already follow all of the steps in the resource at the top of this page that brought you here? 

Here's that same resource for reference: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

The reason we ask is if issues persists, try testing with another Wi-Fi network and be sure to follow the section at the bottom under "Get more help" if needed.

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2021 6:07 AM in response to launfromtwillingate

Hello there launfromtwillingate,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand.

We understand you’re having some issues connecting to Wi-Fi Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

To get started, have you ever been able to connect to Wi-Fi before, or is this the very first time connecting with this iPhone? Also, did you already follow all of the steps in the resource at the top of this page that brought you here? 

Here's that same resource for reference: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

The reason we ask is if issues persists, try testing with another Wi-Fi network and be sure to follow the section at the bottom under "Get more help" if needed.

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Take care.

I purchased a new iPhone 12 and it will not connect to wifi. The blue tick mark is there for the network I’m using but it’s not connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.