Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

verification of apple id fails

When trying to download an app from the App Store, I get a message saying my Apple ID needs to be verified. An e-mail is sent to my account with a verification link. When trying to open the link, iTunes Store pops up, saying "there is a problem with the iTunes Store, Please come back later." and the verification fails. This continues now for over two days. Can't imagine the iTunes Store out of business for that long. So how to verify my Apple ID so I can download apps on my iMac?

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 12:31 PM

Contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call     -

Billings and Subscriptions   -

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.   - 

4 replies

Aug 21, 2021 6:48 AM in response to Eric Root

On my Apple ID page, there is no visible possibility to verify my apple-id. I've added an extra trusted telephone, but that didn't help. The account page is telling me I'm logged in on my iMac and two factor authentication is activated. I can use the iCloud without any problem. Just the App Store wants an extra verification.

verification of apple id fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.