Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone volume issue

iPhone 11 Pro.

lightening cable earphones.

While recording a song in STARMAKER app, the microphone volume is very low .

before 5 days, it was okay. Volume of microphone was very good. I remember I updated the OS recently. But I don’t know the reason for the low volume.

please help me fix the issue, if possible.

Thanks in Advance for your kind advice.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 7:32 AM

22 replies

Aug 22, 2021 8:05 AM in response to amiya_tripathy

Hi amiya_tripathy,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with the microphone volume on your wired earphones. We'd like to help.

Are you using Apple EarPods with a lightening cable or another type of earphones? Do you notice this change in volume when using them for a phone call, a FaceTime call, or with any other app? Knowing this can help isolate this issue to the specific app you're using. Do you have any issues using this Starmaker app without the headphones? If you do, this resource may help:

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

If you find that this issue is isolated to this app only, these steps can help you troubleshoot this issue: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Hope that helps!

Take care.

Aug 26, 2021 6:34 AM in response to amiya_tripathy

Amiya,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Since it's happening to more than one app, we can rule out a specific app. Do you have another pair of headphones you could use? Knowing how another pair works with those apps will help you determine if the issue is with the specific EarPods or with the device itself.

Test that out and let us know if the issue persists or not.

Cheers!

Oct 15, 2021 10:31 PM in response to Pazhasi

So its not a microphone issue....

seems that starmaker app doesnt care for iOS devices. Ultimate solution is to get a cheap android phone if some one is so willing to sing on StarMaker OR alternatively Switch to Smule and have a VIP account for $55/yr which definitely has far better sound quality and has superior backing tracks.

In my opinion the later can be a better choice :-)

Oct 29, 2021 11:17 PM in response to amiya_tripathy

I am have big issues singing on SM from summer 08/2021.. sound is terrible.. echo.. voice behind music.. sound like sitting in a metal can .. yes I bought new lights earphones.. .. after opening the old one I saw inside the have copper… what is normal !!and the new lighting ones are with normal white metal.. what is not good for singing.. I understand that metals are getting expensive.. but Apple need to keep quality products! Recoding sound on SM is horrible!!

Dec 27, 2021 3:31 AM in response to amiya_tripathy

Hmmm finally I came on this community and found that I am not the only one having issues with starmaker. I tried different microphones and even tried with audio interface but failed to get proper recording :( .

So it seems to have an issue with iPhone. I am using iPhone 12.

I am on smule also and find it much better. But have lot of friends on starker and I really miss singing on starker.

Apple techies..... kindly do something :)

Jan 17, 2022 9:57 PM in response to amiya_tripathy

I was so irritated last few months. Was on iPhone XR and had feedback noise, or voice would not record so would be nothing but background music. So thought bad buds, replaced those. Thought bad mic, was ready to spend $99 deductible since replacing buds didn’t fix, had to be phone. Instead ended up buying new iPhone 13! Guess what! Same issues on brand new phone! I did have apple suggested backing up phone, restringing it and set up as new phone in case problem due to some corrupt app. Then download app off App Store. Try before any other apps readded though. Did help but pain in the neck. It is StarMaker. Their games aren’t functioning right….oops sorry our lack of acting about, also eats up coins or shorts paying you….so no rush I’m sure. I hate starting over getting new followers from scratch and I have over 100 songs! StarMaker update stinks!

Jan 20, 2022 11:47 PM in response to prasad47

Have tried feeding them back both on the appstore as well as feedback section on Starmaker. Starmaker customer support sent a lame response saying "use effects/volumne/pitch functions to enhance voice / mic quality", so pathetic !!

Other way out is to buy a cheap android phone, as Starmaker works perfectly fine there and has whole lot of voice control options too !

Microphone volume issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.