Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook pro can't read my external hard disk 5 TB which formated exfat

my mac book pro can't read my external WD hard disk 5 TB which formated exfat from my Pc

my system 11.5 macOS Big Sur

whene I mount from Tuxera it give me this error

Error while mounting disk2s1: Too many levels of remote in path

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 5:48 PM

4 replies

Sep 16, 2021 12:25 AM in response to eslamwaheeb

I've had this issue using Macbook's time machine - all of a sudden it won't mount my external drives -(I have a backup with Time Machine and I have it partitioned so part of it is time machine and the other is for drag and drop. I also have additional external drives that just copy movies and graphics - as well as larger files to take off the mac for extra space. I'm still on Catalina as I was discouraged from upgrading to Big Sur - but may do so as long as I can get my external hard drives to be recognized. They were EXFat formatted - and I don't want to reformat them as it would erase what I have on them and that was the whole point!! I'm on a MacBook pro late 2019 model. I've noticed there's a lot of issues with the Macbook pros not recognizing external hard drives and some of the hard drives are not that old. Has anyone found a solution?

Sep 16, 2021 1:23 AM in response to Rebelrona3126

I maintain data and data history (Safety Net) via Carbon Copy Cloner. I treat my TimeMachine backups as snap shots in time of the most recent installation. I have no use for history associated with TimeMachine, so reformatting a TM drive is no big deal. TM is rather limited and seems cobbled together to me, hence my solution to use CCC. And since I have all Intel Macs, I can also create (and have tested) bootable clones.

I understand not wanting to erase history; I don't want to either. To use TM to do that is just not my chosen solution so at this point I'll yield to better minds on your problem.

I understand wanting to use a free native app to backup, but sometimes you have to open your wallet to have a workable solution over the long haul. Especially if the native app has long standing issues.

my macbook pro can't read my external hard disk 5 TB which formated exfat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.