Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMPORTANT photos that suddenly disappear after i update my iphone recently

what about my IMPORTANT photos that suddenly disappear after i update my iphone recently, how to recover them and why did that happen ? i'm in a pinch right now beacause of that .. i highly need your help .. please i'm begging you

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 9:17 PM

It would be unusual for photos to disappear after updating. But, you can restore from your backup. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204184

You can also check iCloud.com/photos and/or your recently deleted album to see if there are any images there.

3 replies

Aug 21, 2021 9:20 PM in response to sultanmacod

sultanmacod Said:

"IMPORTANT photos that suddenly disappear after i update my iphone recently: what about my IMPORTANT photos that suddenly disappear after i update my iphone recently, how to recover them and why did that happen ? i'm in a pinch right now beacause of that .. i highly need your help .. please i'm begging you"

-------

Check iCloud, Directly:

Go here and see if it reside in iCloud: https://www.icloud.com/photos

Aug 21, 2021 9:26 PM in response to muguy

i did what you said couple of times already with no result .. but to tell you why i said it disappeared coz i didn’t delete it or whatever .. it was just there before i update then go to sleep, then when i woke up and check, i got few left(44) of my hundred(316) photos .. now tell me how did it happen .. by the way, i’m alone in my room so no one can touch my phone except me ..

IMPORTANT photos that suddenly disappear after i update my iphone recently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.