Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Gmail Account from Mail without losing the Emails

I have a gmail email account that I want to remove from my iphone. I don't want to delete the actual gmail account from gmail because I use it on other devices. I just want to remove it from my iphone.

So I am assuming that going to Settings, Passwords & Accounts, the gmail account, and Delete Account will remove it. But will these emails still be available on my other devices? I don't want to lose the emails.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 10:23 PM

anna_lize Said:

"Remove Gmail Account from Mail without losing the Emails: I have a gmail email account that I want to remove from my iphone. I don't want to delete the actual gmail account from gmail because I use it on other devices. I just want to remove it from my iPhone. So I am assuming that going to Settings, Passwords & Accounts, the gmail account, and Delete Account will remove it. But will these emails still be available on my other devices? I don't want to lose the emails."

-------

Deleting is Fine:

All will be fine. All it is doing is syncing it with your account. So, if deleted, then all would reside in gmail.com

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2021 10:23 PM in response to anna_lize

anna_lize Said:

"Remove Gmail Account from Mail without losing the Emails: I have a gmail email account that I want to remove from my iphone. I don't want to delete the actual gmail account from gmail because I use it on other devices. I just want to remove it from my iPhone. So I am assuming that going to Settings, Passwords & Accounts, the gmail account, and Delete Account will remove it. But will these emails still be available on my other devices? I don't want to lose the emails."

-------

Deleting is Fine:

All will be fine. All it is doing is syncing it with your account. So, if deleted, then all would reside in gmail.com

Remove Gmail Account from Mail without losing the Emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.