Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is imac A1419 upgradable to big sur

I will like to know if i can upgrade my iMac A1419 2013 OS to Big Sur.

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 3:17 AM

6 replies

Sep 2, 2021 4:43 PM in response to Mindy C

Mindy,

dialabrain is correct. A 13 (almost 14) year old computer in technology terms is considered ancient. I replaced my 2007 iMac in 2011 and my 2011 was replaced in 2020 just so I was not put into the situaton you may be in now.

My recommendation is to consider replacing it and if money is a consideration please remember you have many paths you can take including why buy another iMac, consider a Mac Mini. Or consider an Apple refurbished Mac.

Other options include buying a use Mac from a reputable reseller such as macsales.com.

Also, please remember the longer you delay in replacing a 2008 the more painful it will be when you are forced to.

If you need help choosing a replacement, just ask here and someone will be willing to help. Just let us know how you intend to use the computer and we can give you some options that will make sense for your needs.

is imac A1419 upgradable to big sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.