Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost photos

I bought new phone and all my photos were synced from iPad to phone so I deleted photos from phone only but it deleted from my iPad as well and it’s not even in the recently deleted folder.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 3:57 PM

Eliza, I hate to inform you that the photos have been deleted forever because they are not in the Recently Deleted folder either. Here is why this happened. You are using iCloud for photos with your iPad. You purchased a new iPhone and signed on using the same Apple ID as your iPad (which you should because both devices belong to you). This means that iCloud synced your photos between the two devices (iPad and iPhone). iCloud is a sync service and not a data archiving service. This means that if you delete photos on iCloud or your iPhone or your iPad then the same photos will be deleted everywhere. Is it possible that you also emptied out the Recently Deleted folder?

Here is more information on ➔ How to iCloud works.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2021 3:57 PM in response to Eliza_Regmi

Eliza, I hate to inform you that the photos have been deleted forever because they are not in the Recently Deleted folder either. Here is why this happened. You are using iCloud for photos with your iPad. You purchased a new iPhone and signed on using the same Apple ID as your iPad (which you should because both devices belong to you). This means that iCloud synced your photos between the two devices (iPad and iPhone). iCloud is a sync service and not a data archiving service. This means that if you delete photos on iCloud or your iPhone or your iPad then the same photos will be deleted everywhere. Is it possible that you also emptied out the Recently Deleted folder?

Here is more information on ➔ How to iCloud works.

Axel F.

Lost photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.