Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie won't download on my MacBook air

I have been trying to download iMovie onto my laptop, and in the app store it says "accept" under iMovie, when I click accept it then asks for my apple ID info, I enter it and nothing happens. A few minutes later, it just says accept again and goes through the same process. My computer does not need to be updated. When I check for updates, it says there is none.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 12:09 PM

Unfortunately, in order to get the download you must have the same Apple I.D. that was originally used to purchase the Mac or the older version of iMovie.

Try calling Apple Support and see if the techs there can give you assistance. The techs there have the capability of

remotely accessing your computer that we cannot do here.  To contact apple support click on the Get Support item in the upper right hand corner of this forum’s screen.  Navigate to a place where you can enter your phone number.

You might also double check your Applications folder to see if in fact you already have iMovie 10 in it.

-- Rich

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2021 12:09 PM in response to adrianna812

Unfortunately, in order to get the download you must have the same Apple I.D. that was originally used to purchase the Mac or the older version of iMovie.

Try calling Apple Support and see if the techs there can give you assistance. The techs there have the capability of

remotely accessing your computer that we cannot do here.  To contact apple support click on the Get Support item in the upper right hand corner of this forum’s screen.  Navigate to a place where you can enter your phone number.

You might also double check your Applications folder to see if in fact you already have iMovie 10 in it.

-- Rich

Aug 22, 2021 10:42 AM in response to adrianna812

Try this procedure. To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

Imovie won't download on my MacBook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.