Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV device vs Apple TV app

Why can I download apps to my AppleTV device and not on the app on my Macbook Pro or LG Smart TV? I want to watch Kanopy through my LG TV without having to add my Apple TV device. I don't see a way to add apps.

OLED65C1AUB,

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 7:20 PM

On a smart TV, you have to choose apps from the app repository that the manufacturer provides. If that isn’t enough, then you’ll have to connect a streaming device that can have more or different apps installed.

The Apple TV app on a smart TV doesn’t give you access to apps designed for the Apple TV box.

Apple TV app vs. Apple TV box - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2021 7:20 PM in response to dianegoodwin

On a smart TV, you have to choose apps from the app repository that the manufacturer provides. If that isn’t enough, then you’ll have to connect a streaming device that can have more or different apps installed.

The Apple TV app on a smart TV doesn’t give you access to apps designed for the Apple TV box.

Apple TV app vs. Apple TV box - Apple Community

Apple TV device vs Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.