Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant get into my icloud account as I dont have access to my previous number

How to do you gain access to your icloud if you dont have access to your previous phone number

I can't gain access to my icloud account as my previous number is no longer in use and it asks for my two factor authenticator verification code. I am not able to attain this as I no longer have access to my number. Is there any way that you would help

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 11:06 PM

The Apple ID say example1@icloud.com exists on server and you know the password and its account credentials , however that is signed in the device iPhone / Mac / iPad .

If you remember the trusted number and yet it is verified in the account , visit your cellular service centre with personal identification proofs .

If the account is set with two factor authentication from iPhone .

Issue a sim on behalf of the same number and insert the sim Set up cellular service on iPhone - Apple Support

In a new iPhone that is purchased Turn on and set up iPhone - Apple Support

The Apple ID and password is active so is the 2FA active on the iCloud server , once a new trusted number is added the code will start appearing on the new trusted number , and the person can access the account .

See the article Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Then access the account and remove an old inactive verified number from the account .

Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.

In the Security section, click Edit.

Click Add a Trusted Phone Number. 

To add a number, enter the phone number and verify it with a text. 

To remove a number, click cross sign next to the phone number you want to remove. 

Note : you don't need account recovery from the server as Apple ID and password are known to you How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2021 11:06 PM in response to aquatikat1

The Apple ID say example1@icloud.com exists on server and you know the password and its account credentials , however that is signed in the device iPhone / Mac / iPad .

If you remember the trusted number and yet it is verified in the account , visit your cellular service centre with personal identification proofs .

If the account is set with two factor authentication from iPhone .

Issue a sim on behalf of the same number and insert the sim Set up cellular service on iPhone - Apple Support

In a new iPhone that is purchased Turn on and set up iPhone - Apple Support

The Apple ID and password is active so is the 2FA active on the iCloud server , once a new trusted number is added the code will start appearing on the new trusted number , and the person can access the account .

See the article Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Then access the account and remove an old inactive verified number from the account .

Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.

In the Security section, click Edit.

Click Add a Trusted Phone Number. 

To add a number, enter the phone number and verify it with a text. 

To remove a number, click cross sign next to the phone number you want to remove. 

Note : you don't need account recovery from the server as Apple ID and password are known to you How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Cant get into my icloud account as I dont have access to my previous number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.