You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to know if someone has access to my iCloud account?

Hi, this is my first time asking a question here, so please bare with me because I know very little about technology and the security issues with it. I have found myself in a bit of a predicament. About a year ago, I gave someone the email and password to my minecraft account. I have not accessed the account since then. Now, I cannot access it at all (I barely knew the person I gave it to…yes I know that was extremely dumb. I realized that the same email and password was my Apple ID information at the time. I have since changed my password, but it’s the same email. I think that person may have sold my Minecraft account (which I did not know was a thing until recently). I looked up a bunch of stuff about spyware and what someone can do with you Apple ID information…and it’s very concerning. How do I know if someone has been looking at my account? Could some random hacker/bad guy been looking at my account this whole time? I’m really not sure what to do. I don’t want to spend money on a spyware scan if it’s useless. I checked to see if any other devices were attached to my Apple ID and it said there weren’t any, but I don’t think it would show if it was a hacker that had access or something. Like I said, I don’t know anything about this stuff. I just want to make sure I’m safe and my privacy has not been breached. I saw that when I backup my phone they could still see even the new information that was backed to my icloud if they still have access (by they I mean a hacker or someone like that). I feel so dumb for getting myself in this situation in the first place, but I would just like some help.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 7:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 7:16 PM

Change your password and enable two-factor authentication. And, never share your username/passwords for anything with anyone.

Learn more: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204145

4 replies

How to know if someone has access to my iCloud account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.