Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages

Hi, I tried to delete 1 text message from a conversation thread on my iPhone XS, but instead I deleted all texts associated with this contact.

I have the deleted messages on both my iMac and my MacBook air...I have yet to check my iPad but they are probably there as well.

My iPhone backups are to my computer not iCloud.....but clearly I share my messages to other devices via iCloud.

Unfortunately on my computer backups...there is only one recent available back up...which was made after the deletion of the text messages.

Is there any way I can get the texts that I accidentally deleted from my computers to my iPhone?

Thanks in advance

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 1:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 1:47 AM

If you share your messages via iCloud then I doubt if they will still be on the ipad.

The way to preserve older computer backups is to "archive" them by right clicking afyer each backup, but as you didn't do that your only chance is to find your older phone backup on Time Machine if you use a Mac.

Remember you would lose everything else since the last backup, you cannot restore only messages.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2021 1:47 AM in response to blungas

If you share your messages via iCloud then I doubt if they will still be on the ipad.

The way to preserve older computer backups is to "archive" them by right clicking afyer each backup, but as you didn't do that your only chance is to find your older phone backup on Time Machine if you use a Mac.

Remember you would lose everything else since the last backup, you cannot restore only messages.

Text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.