Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 1st Gen

My Apple TV 1st Gen Doesn't Boot Into My Restore USB Stick When I Plug It In And Hold MENU -/+.

What do I do?

It shows no activity on the usb stick.

Apple TV

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 8:51 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Aug 23, 2021 9:44 AM in response to The_Train_Enthusiast

Are you sure you model is really 1st generation? Model A1218? The big silver-white slab of a box? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support.

The 1st generation (2007) has been obsolete since 2017. (1) It cannot connect to the iTunes Store anymore. (2) It can’t sync content through iTunes 12.6.3 or later. It can only work with non-DRM’ed content. No third party services. There is no support for it anymore. This model had it’s own software version path: the last supported is Apple TV Software 3.0.2 from 2010.

Apple TV with USB ports do not load anything by themselves from USB sticks. Restoring requires connecting to a computer. Then the computer (through iTunes) restores system software on the Apple TV box. Current software may not support this for obsolete models.

Apple TV 1st Gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.