Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod

What if my HomePod is plugged in and nothing is happening on top when I hold it down?

I just moved to a new house and it used to work just fine

HomePod, 14

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 7:46 PM

Is it showing in your home App? If so Long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to Siri and check that Touch & Hold for Siri is enabled. To work, it should be on the same wifi network the iOS device you originally set it up with is on & signed into the same Apple ID

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2021 7:46 PM in response to Frankadoodle

Is it showing in your home App? If so Long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to Siri and check that Touch & Hold for Siri is enabled. To work, it should be on the same wifi network the iOS device you originally set it up with is on & signed into the same Apple ID

HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.