Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

My Apple Music keeps stoping everytime I play music, it stops playing and it play but the sound doesn’t work. No matter if I’m connected to WiFi or not, the music glitches and it’s annoying.

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 8:32 PM

Hello lynnette26,

Do you happen to have or use AirPods, Beats, Home Pod, Apple TV, Smart TV, or Bluetooth speakers/headphones?

Any of these may be taking over the playback from the device you are seeing this issue with. You can check by selecting the AirPlay icon while a song is playing.

"Stream music to Bluetooth or AirPlay-enabled devices

1. Tap the player to open Now Playing.
  2. Tap , then choose a device.

See Play audio from iPhone on HomePod and other wireless speakers.

Note: You can play the same music on multiple AirPlay 2-enabled devices, such as two or more HomePod speakers. You can also pair two sets of AirPods to one iPhone and enjoy the same song or movie along with a friend. See Control audio on multiple AirPlay 2-enabled devices and Share audio with AirPods and Beats headphones."

If the device you are seeing this with is an iPhone and playback is automatically switching to a Smart TV you will want to open your Settings App > General > AirPlay & Handoff. If "Automatically AirPlay to TVs" is set to Always, changing it to Ask or Never should resolve this.

If a HomePod is related turn off the "Transfer to HomePod" option or move the HomePod further away from your iPhone when playing music.

If you have AirPods make sure they are inside their case while you are trying to play music from your iPhone speakers. They can take over playback and phone calls when outside of their case even if they are not in your ears.

For other bluetooth devices you may need to turn off Bluetooth or forget the device in your Bluetooth settings to resolve the issue.

I hope this is helpful.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2021 8:32 PM in response to lynnette26

Hello lynnette26,

Do you happen to have or use AirPods, Beats, Home Pod, Apple TV, Smart TV, or Bluetooth speakers/headphones?

Any of these may be taking over the playback from the device you are seeing this issue with. You can check by selecting the AirPlay icon while a song is playing.

"Stream music to Bluetooth or AirPlay-enabled devices

1. Tap the player to open Now Playing.
  2. Tap , then choose a device.

See Play audio from iPhone on HomePod and other wireless speakers.

Note: You can play the same music on multiple AirPlay 2-enabled devices, such as two or more HomePod speakers. You can also pair two sets of AirPods to one iPhone and enjoy the same song or movie along with a friend. See Control audio on multiple AirPlay 2-enabled devices and Share audio with AirPods and Beats headphones."

If the device you are seeing this with is an iPhone and playback is automatically switching to a Smart TV you will want to open your Settings App > General > AirPlay & Handoff. If "Automatically AirPlay to TVs" is set to Always, changing it to Ask or Never should resolve this.

If a HomePod is related turn off the "Transfer to HomePod" option or move the HomePod further away from your iPhone when playing music.

If you have AirPods make sure they are inside their case while you are trying to play music from your iPhone speakers. They can take over playback and phone calls when outside of their case even if they are not in your ears.

For other bluetooth devices you may need to turn off Bluetooth or forget the device in your Bluetooth settings to resolve the issue.

I hope this is helpful.

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.