Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music - resource unavailable

recently Apple Music is throwing the “resource unavailable” error quite often when I am trying to listen to songs. I can play maybe 5-7 songs in a row and then get the error and can’t play the song. When I kill the app and restart the song that was giving me the error will play but after skipping through a few more tracks I get the error again. It only happens on my iPhone 12 and not my MacBook Pro.

I have tried the following with no success.

• signing out and back into my Apple ID and iCloud account
  • deleting Apple Music app and reinstalling
  • Restarting my device

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 8:26 PM

3 replies

Sep 14, 2021 9:37 PM in response to TammyW_03

Hello, I have this problem too, and I performed the same steps that Djsaigon did: logging out, uninstalling Apple Music app, and restarting my device. This does not happen with the same songs each time; instead, it skips the song and if I manually choose the skipped song it might work (or it might take a few more tries).

This happens on home on Wi-Fi as well as while driving on cell data. Although it definitely happens more often on Wi-Fi.

Aug 24, 2021 2:33 PM in response to Djsaigon

Hello Djsaigon,

We understand that you're seeing an alert "Resource Unavailable" when listening to music on your iPhone, though the same behavior doesn't happen on your Mac. You've completed some great steps so far. Have you noticed this happens with the same album or songs each time? If so, delete them and add them back to see if that helps: Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device

Does this also happen if you use a different Wi-Fi network or cell data only? Keep us posted.

Take care.

Apple Music - resource unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.