Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lid sensor calibration

Hi! Recently, I "upgraded" my MacBook Pro's cooling solutions by adding thermal pads to the voltage regulators on the logic board. but unfortunately, I messed up a little by ripping the lid sensor cable in two halves. later I reached out to a 3rd party seller who sells broken MacBook parts and purchased a lid sensor cable from him. after replacing the part, the lid sensor is still not doing its job correctly. Is there any possible way that I can get my lid sensor calibrated without going to an Apple store? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 2:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 6:03 AM

Hi,

For calibrating the LAS (Lid Angle Sensor) you need to run MCU (Mac Configuration Utility). To run MCU you need to create an official Repair on GSX with a LAS part on it. Only after the techinican replace the LAS and change the repair status on GSX he is able to run MCU.

Long story short, you need to replace the LAS with Apple or an AASP to calibrate it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2021 6:03 AM in response to 誉铭

Hi,

For calibrating the LAS (Lid Angle Sensor) you need to run MCU (Mac Configuration Utility). To run MCU you need to create an official Repair on GSX with a LAS part on it. Only after the techinican replace the LAS and change the repair status on GSX he is able to run MCU.

Long story short, you need to replace the LAS with Apple or an AASP to calibrate it.

Aug 25, 2021 5:45 AM in response to 誉铭

Hi 誉铭,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

We see that you are having an issue with the lid sensor after replacing the lid sensor cable on your MacBook Pro. We want to help. From what you are explaining, it sounds like you may either have a faulty lid sensor cable or it isn't installed correctly. You best bet would be to have it inspected. We recommend that you Contact Apple for support and service.

Best Regards!

Lid sensor calibration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.