Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My correct wifi password is not accepted as correct after my connection is interrupted. 2012 MacBook pro. MacOS Catalina.

WiFi in my area is pretty bad and my connection gets cut off periodically every day. When that happens, I am prompted to enter the password for my WiFi, regardless of I have told my Macbook Pro to remember the network or not (I've tried both). So I enter the (correct) password. It spins and spins and then repeats the "this wifi connection requires a password" prompt. Only when I restart the computer am I able to then get on my WiFi, without needing to enter the password. But, inevitably, I get kicked off my own wifi later in the day and the cycle continues.

Any ideas?

MacBook, OS X 10.10

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 8:29 AM

Power cycle the router.

Determine what is interfering with the WiFi signal and eliminate the cause of interference.

2 replies

My correct wifi password is not accepted as correct after my connection is interrupted. 2012 MacBook pro. MacOS Catalina.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.