Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my is on but when I look for location it said online but no location found

Find my is on but when I look for it in app it said online but no location found

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 8:19 AM

In order for your lost iPhone to "report in," it has to be connected to the Internet. That could either be by a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection. Until it does, at best, you would see a "last known location" in the Find My app in iCloud.com.

Potentially, if you enabled "Find My Network" on this phone, other Apple devices could locate it and report its location.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2021 8:19 AM in response to baseMENT0851

In order for your lost iPhone to "report in," it has to be connected to the Internet. That could either be by a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection. Until it does, at best, you would see a "last known location" in the Find My app in iCloud.com.

Potentially, if you enabled "Find My Network" on this phone, other Apple devices could locate it and report its location.

Find my is on but when I look for location it said online but no location found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.