Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4000 error code on ipad mini

how do i fix error code 4000 on ipad mini?

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 11:24 AM

Thank you. I retried this morning and downloaded the update to the IPad mini and installed from there...the mini was connected to my pc, but I did the work on the Ipad instead of from the computer side. My frustration was that there was no reference I could find for error code 4000....series below and above that but not for 4000 that I could find.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2021 11:24 AM in response to faith185

Thank you. I retried this morning and downloaded the update to the IPad mini and installed from there...the mini was connected to my pc, but I did the work on the Ipad instead of from the computer side. My frustration was that there was no reference I could find for error code 4000....series below and above that but not for 4000 that I could find.

Aug 25, 2021 11:05 AM in response to rette32

Hello rette32,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are getting an error 4000 when you try to restore or update your iPad using your computer.

We noticed that you recently reviewed iOS update and restore errors which is a great starting point but doesn't mention the error you're getting. Instead we recommend trying the steps from If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod which can help with other error messages such as the one you see.

Have a great day!

Aug 25, 2021 11:20 AM in response to rette32

You have two alternatives:

Keeping in mind that this workaround can affect keychain and/or Apple Pay (if in use, you might need to re-input data), try these steps to solve error 4000 on your iTunes:

• Disconnect your device from the computer
  • Temporarily disable the passcode on your iPhone
  • Restart the iPhone
  • Restart iTunes
  • Reconnect the iPhone to your computer and restart the update procedure.

When finished, re-enable your passcode on your iPhone.

or

Update your iPhone wirelessly (via wifi).

Regards

Giulio

4000 error code on ipad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.