Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I no longer see the nfl app. on my Apple TV. How do I get it?

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 10:25 PM

My model is A1469. 3rd generation.

Thank you. On 2nd or 3rd generation models, ‘apps’ can be set to hidden. Verify if that may have happened, then set it to show again.

Settings﹥Main Menu﹥

I will try nfl but this seems to be an Apple issue

Say, if a content provider decides to discontinue a service for a specific device model, then Apple would remove the ‘app’ from the home screen, as it wouldn’t work anyway.

How do I add an app to Apple TV?

You can’t. Adding apps by user choice is a feature of the Apple TV (4th generation or later). On 2nd or 3rd generation models, a limited number of apps are server-pushed, fixed per region.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2021 10:25 PM in response to ASCDan1

My model is A1469. 3rd generation.

Thank you. On 2nd or 3rd generation models, ‘apps’ can be set to hidden. Verify if that may have happened, then set it to show again.

Settings﹥Main Menu﹥

I will try nfl but this seems to be an Apple issue

Say, if a content provider decides to discontinue a service for a specific device model, then Apple would remove the ‘app’ from the home screen, as it wouldn’t work anyway.

How do I add an app to Apple TV?

You can’t. Adding apps by user choice is a feature of the Apple TV (4th generation or later). On 2nd or 3rd generation models, a limited number of apps are server-pushed, fixed per region.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.