Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted emails on gmail come back

The last couple weeks I’ve had deleted emails on my Gmail account come back into my inbox. First it was 40 emails then like 80 and today 140. And I’ve deleted them each time again. Why is that happening and how can I fix it?

iPhone 12

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 10:09 AM

1489l Said:

"Woke up to 127 emails in my archive folder which were all deleted last night..? And my Inbox shows 7 “unread” emails but my Inbox is empty..? I’m not sure what is going on."

-------

Thank you for the update.

Ask Google:

Contact Google, and see what they have to say on succeeding with all of this.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2021 10:09 AM in response to 1489l

1489l Said:

"Woke up to 127 emails in my archive folder which were all deleted last night..? And my Inbox shows 7 “unread” emails but my Inbox is empty..? I’m not sure what is going on."

-------

Thank you for the update.

Ask Google:

Contact Google, and see what they have to say on succeeding with all of this.

Aug 25, 2021 9:10 PM in response to 1489l

1489l Said:

"Deleted emails on gmail come back: The last couple weeks I’ve had deleted emails on my Gmail account come back into my inbox. First it was 40 emails then like 80 and today 140. And I’ve deleted them each time again. Why is that happening and how can I fix it?"

-------

Remove from an Archive Folder:

If gmail has an Archive folder, then remove them from that.

Sep 4, 2021 2:33 PM in response to 1489l

This is not a reply but an amplification of the above statement. Since upgrading to Big Sur, the following have happened to my email: Emails that I want and have, up until now, been in my inbox, end up in junk; moving these back to inbox sometimes works but not always; clumps of deleted emails return sometimes almost immediately, often after an hour or two.

The impact is that I have to watch both my junk box and my inbox, spend unnecessary time transferring emails back to the inbox and redeleting emails.

I have talked to two Apple support persons about this who have researched the problem without success. One suggested that I worked my email within Gmail, not Apple's mail. While Gmail has its advantages, its "From" does not work like Apple's "From", and I find many of its doodads complicating rather than easing working with email.

I rarely work with this Community network because much as I like the idea, do not find it easy to implement the suggestions since they are, so often, couched in technical language that I do not understand. I have sent my issues to Google but not had any reply.

One suggestion I have picked up is to remove and replace my email account, for which thank you. I am posting my experiences in the hope that others may have some solutions that I might understand - thank you, in advance, for those, too.

Deleted emails on gmail come back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.