Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV Shudder Channel not login

i have an active subscription for the Shudder app through Apple TV channels and it won’t recognize my login. I was watching a series the new installment of the series won’t play. It is prompting me to login and won’t recognize my Apple ID login

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 12:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 5:57 AM

• Subscriptions started inside the Apple TV app have to be viewed inside the Apple TV app. Subscriptions to Apple TV app Channels aren’t valid outside the Apple TV app. Access is granted based on the recognized subscription on your Apple ID account. No manual sign-in applies.
  • Access to third party streaming services in their own separate app on iPhone/iPad/Apple TV box, started in-app on such Apple device, requires a different type of subscription, and requires viewing in that app on an Apple device. Access is granted based on the recognized subscription on your Apple ID account. No manual sign-in applies.
  • Access to third party streaming services when subscribed directly with them, is the only way to sign in with credentials in their own separate app (or on the web), on any brand device.

These subscriptions are not exchangeable, as they have different terms and conditions, different perks and limitations. Choose a subscription type that best suits your viewing habits, and stick with that.

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

See your subscriptions overview - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2021 5:57 AM in response to 00soul

• Subscriptions started inside the Apple TV app have to be viewed inside the Apple TV app. Subscriptions to Apple TV app Channels aren’t valid outside the Apple TV app. Access is granted based on the recognized subscription on your Apple ID account. No manual sign-in applies.
  • Access to third party streaming services in their own separate app on iPhone/iPad/Apple TV box, started in-app on such Apple device, requires a different type of subscription, and requires viewing in that app on an Apple device. Access is granted based on the recognized subscription on your Apple ID account. No manual sign-in applies.
  • Access to third party streaming services when subscribed directly with them, is the only way to sign in with credentials in their own separate app (or on the web), on any brand device.

These subscriptions are not exchangeable, as they have different terms and conditions, different perks and limitations. Choose a subscription type that best suits your viewing habits, and stick with that.

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

See your subscriptions overview - Apple

Aug 27, 2021 5:39 AM in response to 00soul

Possibly you tried to access an episode that isn’t available yet. Check other sources for the official release date (and time) of the episode. The Apple TV app may have been fed incorrect data about availability in the connected app, causing this fruitless runaround.

If the episode is confirmed to have been released for streaming, but isn’t available in the Apple TV app Channel, then contact Apple Support about that.

Aug 26, 2021 8:30 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks for the response. I am aware of the fact you have to view from inside the app. That is why I’m confused because I was viewing from inside the App when it started the next episode an allow Shudder to track across devices message appeared on screen. After denying I was taken to a login screen. It’s behaving as if I didn’t have an active subscription. I checked my account and it showed active. I was able to view other programming on the app.

AppleTV Shudder Channel not login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.