Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

virus infection alert for my iPhone

hi, I have just received an alert from iPhone calendar which indicates that " viruses damaged your phone, your information is exposed to everyone!" and also an alert which says "your iPhone is infected! you need to download cleaner for iPhone" what should I do?

there is also a URL link and a note from apple, should I trust the URL link?

the note indicates that all my passwords and data are at risk, and it suggests to instal free cleaner for iPhone from that URL link

what should I do? should I trust the link?

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 7:45 AM

Definitely, do not trust any link in the message.

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

The Apple support article is below. 

Remove calendar spam

Video support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2021 7:45 AM in response to baharak242

Definitely, do not trust any link in the message.

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

The Apple support article is below. 

Remove calendar spam

Video support

Aug 26, 2021 7:49 AM in response to baharak242

Hello ~ Do not download anything like that to your iPhone. Don’t trust link it is a scammer as Apple would never send anything like that to your iPhone. Very smart to ask on your part before acting in panic… Please read the link I am posting as it IS Apple by clicking on it. Also follow *stedman1’s in prior post’s advice. Take a look here:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls

~Katana-San~

virus infection alert for my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.