Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music, Purchased Apps, etc for MACBOOK AIR

So now that I have migrated from an iMac to a MacBook Air and BigSur how do I regain access to my previous iTunes library and purchased items? All I have been able to find is that Apple Music is now required and in addition, you must now pay for that. That does not seem fair, is there now another means to accomplish all of that?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 8:13 AM

5 replies

Sep 4, 2021 7:30 AM in response to dtryon9981

The Apple Music subscription service is independent of the Apple Music app that is the replacement for iTunes in macOS 10.15 Catalina and later versions of macOS. You can use the Apple Music app to listen to music you copy to your computer and access your unhidden purchase history. iTunes stopped directly managing iOS apps back in version 12.7 some 4 years ago. You can access your app purchases directly on your devices. As noted see Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community to move your whole library from your old computer to your new one.

tt2

Music, Purchased Apps, etc for MACBOOK AIR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.