Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes video player not working

My iTunes video player has not worked on my laptop in weeks. Since the newest update. It will play music videos but not movies. I can hear sound but video looks almost degraded images are really unclear color. I tried a diagnostic test everything. Can someone help me. I've paid a lot of money for my movies and TV shows.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 10:50 AM

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment. Links to the most recent builds are now at the bottom of the page.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2021 10:50 AM in response to kortnyeparker2012

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment. Links to the most recent builds are now at the bottom of the page.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Sep 1, 2021 11:29 AM in response to kortnyeparker2012

The exact same thing happened to me (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253097767) and as others have answered, I went to a previous version and everything is fine.

Do you mind telling me the make and model of your computer? I'll see if I can narrow down the cause of the problem a bit. I have a Dell Inspiron 13-7359.

If you do not know the model of you computer just go to Settings > System > About (at the bottom of column on the left hand side). It will be near the top of that page under the heading "Device Specifications"

You can also get to the same location by pressing the Windows key and then start typing About your PC and it will take you to the same location.

ITunes video player not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.