Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4s

Hello, I have a question.

I want to use my old iPhone4s, but the activation of the phone is locked.

When I try to enter my old Apple ID and password, it comes out as invalid just to find out that the e-mail I have used for the old Apple ID is deactivated for good.

What are my options ?

Best regards

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 3:33 PM

You’ll need to recover access to the Apple ID, or can provide the original purchase receipt with serial number to Apple and request an Activation Lock bypass. Otherwise, that iPhone will remain locked.

General links to recovering access to an Apple ID:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

An iPhone 4s will also be able to run few added apps, as that iPhone is limited to 9.3.6, and ~no recent App Store apps support iOS that far back. And you’ll have difficulty accessing websites that require connection security. Put somewhat differently, even if you do get this iPhone unlocked, you still won’t be able to do much with it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2021 3:33 PM in response to armin56

You’ll need to recover access to the Apple ID, or can provide the original purchase receipt with serial number to Apple and request an Activation Lock bypass. Otherwise, that iPhone will remain locked.

General links to recovering access to an Apple ID:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

An iPhone 4s will also be able to run few added apps, as that iPhone is limited to 9.3.6, and ~no recent App Store apps support iOS that far back. And you’ll have difficulty accessing websites that require connection security. Put somewhat differently, even if you do get this iPhone unlocked, you still won’t be able to do much with it.

Iphone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.